“Mark forums unread?”

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 5th, 2021, 1:27 pm

I accidentally hit the Mark Forums Read button and I don’t see a way to undo it. Is it possible that I could reverse that action? :oops: If not, no worries, it’s just frustrating.
Rachel
"...to counsel and calm the despairing... and to transform the grief that contemplates the grave by showing it the grief that looks up to the stars...” ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » January 5th, 2021, 6:06 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to undo it. I've done it myself before............

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 5th, 2021, 6:07 pm

Ah hahaha it's okay. Thanks for letting me know :wink:
Rachel
"...to counsel and calm the despairing... and to transform the grief that contemplates the grave by showing it the grief that looks up to the stars...” ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 5th, 2021, 6:13 pm

A word to the wise: don't tempt fate and click the link, to see if there's any sort of confirmation message. There isn't. :lol:
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » January 5th, 2021, 6:24 pm

I wish! I've done it too, and it's so annoying! I depend on my "unread" vs "read" coloration to help me quickly see what needs my attention. I actually did it recently, and some parts of the board are still not back to the right color! :evil:

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 5th, 2021, 7:03 pm

*sigh* No, I wasn’t playing around- For convenience I usually check my LV notifications on my phone and then I ended up accidentally hitting the link with my finger. It’s okay, just annoying because- like Devorah- I use the red highlighting to show when I haven’t read something, miscellaneous work, etc.
Rachel

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 5th, 2021, 7:06 pm

If that was in response to me, it wasn't directed at you. I was relating my experience after reading your OP. :oops:
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Adventure/Travel: Across Mongolian Plains
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Adult dog stories: Best Dog Stories

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 5th, 2021, 7:19 pm

TriciaG wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 7:06 pm
If that was in response to me, it wasn't directed at you. I was relating my experience after reading your OP. :oops:
Oh it’s okay, sorry! I wasn’t upset, just making sure you knew I wasn’t goofing off :lol: :lol: Clicking the link seems to be a common accident, I’m guessing.
Rachel

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » January 5th, 2021, 8:41 pm

You're certainly not alone!