HELP WITH AUDIO RECORDING APPS FOR CHROMEBOOKS!!!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ReaderVol2

Post by ReaderVol2 »

Hello, I went to the Audacity website, and there are no downloads for Chromebooks. I looked up if there was a way for Chromebooks to download Audacity through a crossover app. There was one feature on certain Chromebooks that had Linux, but my Chromebook does not have Linux. I searched online for other "good" audio recording apps, but almost all of them have a 7-10 minute limit I can record which won't work efficiently for me since I want to record two hour recordings.
I thought about using my phone and edit through iMovie, but I'm not sure if it will fit guidelines for this website.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE REPLY.

IF ANY ADMINISTRATOR VIEWS THIS, HELP.

Thank you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You might have a look here: https://alternativeto.net/software/audacity/

Others will know more than do I about this challenge.
schrm

Post by schrm »

ReaderVol2 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm Hello, I went to the Audacity website, and there are no downloads for Chromebooks. I looked up if there was a way for Chromebooks to download Audacity through a crossover app. There was one feature on certain Chromebooks that had Linux, but my Chromebook does not have Linux. I searched online for other "good" audio recording apps, but almost all of them have a 7-10 minute limit I can record which won't work efficiently for me since I want to record two hour recordings.
I thought about using my phone and edit through iMovie, but I'm not sure if it will fit guidelines for this website.

Thank you.
I read the names wavepad and twisted wave several times, but they may not be totally free.
Try using the forum search with the keyword Chromebook - you will find many other Users with the same hardware and some older threads
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

TwistedWave is a commercial product. It is not expensive, but it is not free. TW was a web version with limited features that will run on a Chromebook: https://twistedwave.com/online
I run the full version on a MacBook.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

I am using a chromebook as well. You can add an audacity extension that has some of the features, Using it I have been able to do all of the editing I needed. I have not been able to check or manage the volume with it. I did find an MP3 Volume Changer app (http://mp3gain.flowsoft7.com/) that allows me to increase pr decrease it, but I have not (yet) found a way to measure the volume on my chromebook
I read, therefore I am.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

ReaderVol2 wrote: December 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm Hello, I went to the Audacity website, and there are no downloads for Chromebooks. I looked up if there was a way for Chromebooks to download Audacity through a crossover app. There was one feature on certain Chromebooks that had Linux, but my Chromebook does not have Linux. I searched online for other "good" audio recording apps, but almost all of them have a 7-10 minute limit I can record which won't work efficiently for me since I want to record two hour recordings.

Thank you.
I have tutorial in wiki videos showing how to record and edit on an iPhone.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

i downloaded a free app from the app store that works for recording with my chromebook. it is super voice recorder. I then edit the recordings with the audacity extension
I read, therefore I am.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

could you tell us all a bit more about the extension and where to get it to help those trying to use chromebooks ? . LVs knowledge base is the sum of readers knowlege :D

Anne
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

I searched for audacity in the web store on my chromebook and found the extension there
I read, therefore I am.
VictoriaE

Post by VictoriaE »

Hello,

Is someone better able to describe which one is the correct one? I see no obvious Audacity in the google play store to download on my Chromebook. Anything I have looked up says there is no actual way to use it so I am hoping that is wrong. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you
Hear Ye Hear Ye
...... that's all I got
GeraldAMoe

Post by GeraldAMoe »

The audacity that works with my chromebook is an extension labelled audio editor online audacity. I found it in the chrome web store
I read, therefore I am.
VictoriaE

Post by VictoriaE »

GeraldAMoe wrote: April 6th, 2021, 4:23 pm The audacity that works with my chromebook is an extension labelled audio editor online audacity. I found it in the chrome web store
Thank you so much. I will search for this.
Hear Ye Hear Ye
...... that's all I got