Can I offer "bountie$" for the completion of chapters on here?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
rahr12341

Post by rahr12341 »

I see a great many of books get stalled in development hell because one chapter will account for 1/5 of an lengthy book. However what if I, as a admittedly lazy person with a little disposable income, wanted to offer some rewards for completing these troubling chapters. I do think there are some important books out there that I want to be easily available. Rewards can be payed through PayPal or gift card codes should someone want to remain anonymous. Is that allowed? How would librivox like me to go about this? I understand there
may need to be some mild oversight to make sure rewards are sent out.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Are you proposing to offer money to the soloist to finish the book? Or is this for group projects that aren't moving as fast as you'd like?

As far as I concerned, you can PM a reader and offer to pay them to finish the book - it's your money, do what you want with it. But we won't make this a sanctioned activity. We're all volunteers, and we aren't going to make this a paid endeavor. But what private parties do with their money is up to them. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

P.S. You've got two sections that need edits: viewtopic.php?p=1686718#p1686718
;)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Well, you could volunteer to record those orphans, as we call them. Or - and others have done this - compile a list of books needing completion and post it in a new thread so readers can find them easily. New readers are being added every day, and many are looking for chapters to get started on. And instead of paying readers (which seems tacky to me - no offense intended), donate to Archive.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page