Audacity Question

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn » November 6th, 2020, 12:36 am

I am so close to getting my first recording done. I left out one line in the middle of recording. I have watching YouTube videos and googled, but can't quite figure out what tool will allow me to enter this in without the whole recording getting out of whack. If anyone has any links or suggestions I'll be forever grateful! :) Thanks!
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » November 6th, 2020, 2:31 am

Hello, Lynnette, and welcome to LibriVox.

When your Audacity file is open, open a new file and record your missing line in it. It's worth recording it a couple of times with slightly different tones, so you can choose one to match the sound of the main file.

Then go back to the main file and put your cursor at the point where the missing line is to go.

Return to the new file, highlight and copy the piece that you want to insert.

Return to the main file and paste in the copied line. Leaving it highlit, if the volume is different to the surrounding recording, amplify it plus or minus to match the surrounding recording (Effect/Amplify).

I hope that helps. Ask if you need more detail.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn » November 6th, 2020, 5:54 am

Peter Why wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:31 am
Hello, Lynnette, and welcome to LibriVox.

When your Audacity file is open, open a new file and record your missing line in it. It's worth recording it a couple of times with slightly different tones, so you can choose one to match the sound of the main file.

Then go back to the main file and put your cursor at the point where the missing line is to go.

Return to the new file, highlight and copy the piece that you want to insert.

Return to the main file and paste in the copied line. Leaving it highlit, if the volume is different to the surrounding recording, amplify it plus or minus to match the surrounding recording (Effect/Amplify).

I hope that helps. Ask if you need more detail.

Peter

Well that sounds easier than anything I've tried so far! 😂 Thank you!
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!: