How can I start my own solo project?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
spatel2

Post by spatel2 » September 13th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Hi! I am new to LibriVox. In the next few weeks, after I had gotten comfortable with the program, I want to start reading a solo book, like Front Desk by Kelly Yang. How do I start a solo book? What are the steps and what are the requirements? Thanks!
~ Shriya

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » September 13th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Well, first of all, the requirements are: a book in the public domain. :D

"Front Desk" was published in 2018, which means it is in copyright (and will remain so until 70 years after the death of the author). So, you'll have to find something else.

In general, books are public domain in the USA if they were published 95 years ago or earlier, so currently: published in 1924 or earlier. This is what we need for LibriVox.

Once you have found a public domain book that interests you, details on how to set up a solo are in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

spatel2

Post by spatel2 » September 13th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Availle wrote:
September 13th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Well, first of all, the requirements are: a book in the public domain. :D

"Front Desk" was published in 2018, which means it is in copyright (and will remain so until 70 years after the death of the author). So, you'll have to find something else.

In general, books are public domain in the USA if they were published 95 years ago or earlier, so currently: published in 1924 or earlier. This is what we need for LibriVox.

Once you have found a public domain book that interests you, details on how to set up a solo are in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513
yeah, I just made up a book that came from the top of my mind. Thanks a lot though!
~ Shriya