Finding Text

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
alfried3

Post by alfried3 » September 3rd, 2020, 3:58 am

Good morning...

I'm a bit confused. As I scroll through available books, how would I find the text to see if I would be suited for the reading. Also, once found can these chapters be downloaded to PDF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » September 3rd, 2020, 4:09 am

Do you mean in projects needing readers? The text link and all instructions are given in the first post of each project thread - it depends on the source of the text what you can do with them as far as downloading but there seldom is not a few ways.
If I'm guessing wrong let us know.

Anne

spatel2

Post by spatel2 » September 17th, 2020, 11:00 pm

If you read the first part in between the book summary and the Magic Window, there should be a link to an archive, gutenberg, bibel, or other source of text. If you are in ARchive, you don't need to download anything. If you use Gutenberg, you can download or read the online version by opening in a new window/tab. Bibel I am not very familiar with, and only know a little.
~ Shriya

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » September 18th, 2020, 2:46 am

Most of the texts referenced can be read online so you can check them out without downloading. When you wish to start recording it is up to the reader to decide whether they read from the screen or download or even print it.

Anne