Timelines for getting started

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Read4Alera

Post by Read4Alera »

Hi LibriVoc Team!
I just signed up as me and several colleagues thought it was a great time to join and contribute. After reading around a little, I'm sure I'm missing this answer, but just wanted to make sure this would be an option for us all as we have some timelines we'll need to do the recordings in.

My main question is approximately how long it takes to get approvals to start reading after selecting a book, submitting it for approval and doing the 1 minute sound check. We're just trying to plan for when we'll be able to get started and I'm curious if that process takes a day, a week, etc.

Thanks for your help!
- E
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All contact here is done by volunteers so it depends on where you live , where the person you contact live, whether you get the settings right on the 1 minute test so I'd read what is required and upload the test quickly if you are in a hurry :D Most times responses to the rest happens within 24 hours but everyone here needs sleep and has a real life

Anne
Read4Alera

Post by Read4Alera »

Great answer Anne and thanks so much for the quick response! I appreciate it :) That gives me all the answers I need to share with the team!

Hope you have a great week!

Cheers,
-E