Safe way to donate from Spain?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
sagrariolongas

Post by sagrariolongas » August 21st, 2020, 3:41 am

Hello, my name is Sagrario. My username is sagrariolongas. I found LibriVox looking for free audiobooks in German and I found this project very interesting, therefore I want to contribute to it with a donation. Could you tell me a safe way to do it from Spain?
Thanks, Sagrario

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » August 21st, 2020, 6:00 am

Welcome!

Have you seen the How to Donate page? That might answer your question. Here it is: https://librivox.org/pages/how-to-donate/
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

sagrariolongas

Post by sagrariolongas » August 28th, 2020, 9:48 am

Hi!
Thans for your answer! I have already donated on the Internet Archive donation page. There was the option to go from this page to PayPal. I have obtained following answer: "Thank you for your $10.52 donation to the Internet Archive. Your generous support ensures that everyone has free and open access to information, forever." How can I know if the donation has really arrived to LibriVox?
Thanks,
Sagrario

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 28th, 2020, 11:35 am

Hi Sagrario,

Did you designate that the donation was for LibriVox when you donated? If so, your donation will be held by IA for LibriVox until we have need of funds for future improvements to our site or software. If not, your donation will be to the Internet Archive itself. This is still OK because LibriVox benefits directly in many ways from IA. They host our all our audio files as well as our site (forum and catalog). In addition, we use many of the book scans that are made available on IA for our recordings. :)

Either way, let me extend thanks on behalf of all LibriVox Volunteers for your support!
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman