Darian from GrownupDaria need contact [PM'D]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

hi everbody.

I need talk with Darian from "GrownupDaria".

could someone help me?

best regards
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since you're new, you cannot send PM's yet. I'll send them a PM and point them to this post. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Hi Safnatsena,

How can I help?

Daria
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

hi Daria

thank you very much to you response me, sorry by my delayded this message because i thought that you would write to my email.

relly sorry.

i wanna that you know that every night i hear your record of book of Exodus, i like very well how do you speak hebrew and than i try to following you on my Tanach. ( very difficult do that.... rss )

i would like to know if, out librivox, you have another work, if you could teach me hebrew or show how could i do that.

if you can send me a email, i´ll be very thankfull.

my email: sergiosenas@gmail.com

one more time i thank you to response me.

best regards
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

TriciaG wrote: July 21st, 2020, 12:08 pm Since you're new, you cannot send PM's yet. I'll send them a PM and point them to this post. :)
hey @triciag
first of all, i thank you to resend my request to Daria, because i don´t know how could make a contact with her.
so i response to her but i don´t know if she received.
could you help me again.

have any email that i can made a contact ?

my email ==> sergiosenas@gmail.com

best regards.
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

GrownupDaria wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 8:12 am Hi Safnatsena,

How can I help?

Daria
hi Daria

thank you very much to you response me, sorry by my delayded this message because i thought that you would write to my email.

relly sorry.

i wanna that you know that every night i hear your record of book of Exodus, i like very well how do you speak hebrew and than i try to following you on my Tanach. ( very difficult do that.... rss )

i would like to know if, out librivox, you have another work, if you could teach me hebrew or show how could i do that.

best regards
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Most people here do not use emails for LV contact - in fact almost everyone doesn't, it is done on the forum.

Anne

Anne
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

annise wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:24 am Most people here do not use emails for LV contact - in fact almost everyone doesn't, it is done on the forum.

Anne

Anne
hi Anne

could you help me how i could send email to Daria?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We will not give out private information such as an email. I'll send her another PM to direct her to this thread. After that, is her choice if she does not want to respond or communicate with you. :)

(I don't know how many people recording for LibriVox would be willing to take on a language student. You may find better luck with professional language teachers.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

TriciaG wrote: August 5th, 2020, 6:31 am We will not give out private information such as an email. I'll send her another PM to direct her to this thread. After that, is her choice if she does not want to respond or communicate with you. :)

(I don't know how many people recording for LibriVox would be willing to take on a language student. You may find better luck with professional language teachers.)
uau @triciaG thanks for trying to help me.
this is exactly what I would like to happen.
I just didn't know how to do this

best regards
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

safnatsena wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:11 am
hi Daria

relly sorry.

best regards
Hi Sergio,

I’m happy to hear that you find the recordings helpful. Unfortunately, I don’t think I am qualified to teach Hebrew at all. I'm a native Hebrew speaker and I never learned it in a structured way, the way you study a foreign language. I wouldn't know where to begin and what and how to do it.

But, since you are already trying to follow the written text using the recording, I have a couple of suggestions that might make it easier for you.
  • I think that for someone who has just begun reading the Torah (fluent Hebrew speaker or not), the printed Bible (Chumash) might be too difficult to handle. First, because the printing is too dense (the letters, words and lines are too close to one another), and second, because it is difficult to make out the diacritics (Nikkud, the vowel markings) and the cantillation marks (Te'amei ha-Mikra, which serve as a kind of punctuation marks). Unless you are well versed with the cantillation marks, I would suggest the Mechon Mamre website (copyrighted, but free to use). They kept the diacritics but substituted the cantillation marks with modern punctuation. The only problem with their version is that there are some 30 cantillation marks, while we use mainly period and comma. Most of the cantillation marks were substituted by commas, and the text has so many commas, that if you would take each of them seriously - the text wouldn't make any sense. Still, it's much easier for beginners than the printed version. Here is the link for the first chapter of Exodus: http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/t0201.htm
  • Modern Hebrew and Ancient Hebrew are very different in their grammar and syntax. My guess is that most native Hebrew speakers today who don’t go to the synagogue (and hence don’t read the Bible regularly) wouldn’t understand as much as half of the text in the Bible. If your aim is specifically to be able to read and understand the text in the Bible (as opposed to learning Hebrew in general), I would suggest to consult someone in a nearby synagogue what’s the best way to go about it.
Good luck,

Daria
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

GrownupDaria wrote: August 6th, 2020, 8:15 am
safnatsena wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:11 am
hi Daria

relly sorry.

best regards
Hi Sergio,

I’m happy to hear that you find the recordings helpful. Unfortunately, I don’t think I am qualified to teach Hebrew at all. I'm a native Hebrew speaker and I never learned it in a structured way, the way you study a foreign language. I wouldn't know where to begin and what and how to do it.

But, since you are already trying to follow the written text using the recording, I have a couple of suggestions that might make it easier for you.
  • I think that for someone who has just begun reading the Torah (fluent Hebrew speaker or not), the printed Bible (Chumash) might be too difficult to handle. First, because the printing is too dense (the letters, words and lines are too close to one another), and second, because it is difficult to make out the diacritics (Nikkud, the vowel markings) and the cantillation marks (Te'amei ha-Mikra, which serve as a kind of punctuation marks). Unless you are well versed with the cantillation marks, I would suggest the Mechon Mamre website (copyrighted, but free to use). They kept the diacritics but substituted the cantillation marks with modern punctuation. The only problem with their version is that there are some 30 cantillation marks, while we use mainly period and comma. Most of the cantillation marks were substituted by commas, and the text has so many commas, that if you would take each of them seriously - the text wouldn't make any sense. Still, it's much easier for beginners than the printed version. Here is the link for the first chapter of Exodus: http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/t0201.htm
  • Modern Hebrew and Ancient Hebrew are very different in their grammar and syntax. My guess is that most native Hebrew speakers today who don’t go to the synagogue (and hence don’t read the Bible regularly) wouldn’t understand as much as half of the text in the Bible. If your aim is specifically to be able to read and understand the text in the Bible (as opposed to learning Hebrew in general), I would suggest to consult someone in a nearby synagogue what’s the best way to go about it.

Good luck,

Daria
Hi Daria

i´m so glad to you response me, trylly i´m glad.
thank you for direction that you sent to me. I´ll try the site that you tell me and try to walk on my challenge to lear biblical hebrew to read the tanach and siddur, and modern hebrew because in my birthday ( elul month) i´ll stay in Jerusalem.

I would like to know, if you can tell me, if you do any work out of librivox and i would lilke to follow you. If don´t who knows one day we meet here or on world to come.

lehitraot
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

safnatsena wrote: August 6th, 2020, 10:02 am
Hi Daria

thank you for direction that you sent to me. I´ll try the site that you tell me and try to walk on my challenge to lear biblical hebrew to read the tanach and siddur, and modern hebrew because in my birthday ( elul month) i´ll stay in Jerusalem.

I would like to know, if you can tell me, if you do any work out of librivox and i would lilke to follow you. If don´t who knows one day we meet here or on world to come.

lehitraot
Hi Sergio,

This is a public forum, and registered users can choose whether to provide any personal information (such as their website, social media profiles etc.) or not. I chose not to provide any kind of personal information, and I would like to keep it that way.

Daria
safnatsena

Post by safnatsena »

GrownupDaria wrote: August 7th, 2020, 4:28 am
safnatsena wrote: August 6th, 2020, 10:02 am
Hi Daria

lehitraot
Hi Sergio,

This is a public forum, and registered users can choose whether to provide any personal information (such as their website, social media profiles etc.) or not. I chose not to provide any kind of personal information, and I would like to keep it that way.

Daria
okay Daria.

shabat shalom.