Community service hours

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Krisannrose

Post by Krisannrose » June 25th, 2020, 5:16 am

Hello! So I have to get 8 hours of community service hours done in a kinda short time frame. And I really liked the initiative of this website. I was wondering what would be best to do to get those hours fast. Thank you!!

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » June 25th, 2020, 5:29 am

We get a number of requests about people using us for school or court ordered community service or other service projects and although we welcome all readers you would need to discuss this with whoever is organising it as there a number of things that may make it not suitable.
We are not a registered charity.
We are totally web based and are unable to sign any paperwork- we have no office , no staff and no way to know how many hours you have spent volunteering
The only record we have is the length of your finished recordings which will be available on your personal reader's page.
Our experience is that for a ready to catalogue 1 hour of recording it will take you about 3-4 hours depending on the difficulty of the text.

Anne

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » June 25th, 2020, 5:34 am

Hi there and welcome to LV!

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to sign any paperwork relating to community service hours since we have neither staff nor offices. Here is a link to where this is explained in more detail:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Misc_Q%26As#Can_volunteering_be_credited.3F
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com