Accessing Prooflistening

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
OliviaLilley

Post by OliviaLilley »

Hi there! I have read all of the instructions and read what is necessary, however, once I read the proofreading page, I cannot access any of the projects to proofread. I can only see the one-minute tests and nothing else that I can proofread.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You can go to projects that don't have a DPL (dedicated proof listener) and post that you'll proof-listen to sections X, Y and Z. Then download the files, listen, and post in the thread your proof-listening notes. You do not need Magic Window access to do this.

Or you could volunteer to be DPL for a project that doesn't have one. Then you'd have access to the Magic Window to change the status of the files (from "Ready for PL" to either "PL OK" or "See PL Notes").
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The "Listeners Wanted" page is kind of a last resort to find a proof listener. We try to get a DPL for each project right off the bat, if at all possible. Many people volunteer as DPL while the project is brand new and still in the Launch Pad.

On any of our working forums (Readers Wanted, Readers Found, Going Solo, etc), you will know if a project is still looking for a DPL because the title will have a tilde ~ in front of it.