Recording for librivox

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
loon

Post by loon »

tovarisch wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:32 am Run to the closet for a few seconds ever so often? Collect all instances and then schedule another session in the closet?
The exercise is good for you! (dumb innocent look)
tovarisch wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:32 am And, how many different PA sound techs have you actually personally observed "doing that kind of thing"? Just curious. How many different PA tech companies did they represent?
Probably four from different companies, tho all the techs I know are happy to show of the newest neeto thing they've discovered to other techs, so the different companies thing isn't so important. If it were different cities, however...

And to Apsie15, what tovarisch is spot on - try using your desktop/laptop computer first, if at all possible.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Apsie15

Post by Apsie15 »

Ow thank u sirs!😅
WeAreTheChange
loon

Post by loon »

One more thing - it's really, really helpful to listen to yourself on headphones as you record. You'll be able to hear right away if your 'p's are PoPPing, etc. My weakness is playing with cables on the desk as I record. "Self, stop that! Put That Down! Now back up and record that sentence again."
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Apsie15

Post by Apsie15 »

Okay sir! I will keep that in mind. PC is relly that important and headphones too😅
WeAreTheChange
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

loon wrote: May 4th, 2020, 6:59 pm One more thing - it's really, really helpful to listen to yourself on headphones as you record. You'll be able to hear right away if your 'p's are PoPPing, etc. My weakness is playing with cables on the desk as I record. "Self, stop that! Put That Down! Now back up and record that sentence again."
I disagree with this one, personally. If it's helpful for you, great, but I find it very distracting to hear myself in my ears like that, and I can't actually focus on what I'm reading. I'd rather take the chance and fix it in editing, if there's anything awful.