Copyright

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Heba

Post by Heba » April 14th, 2020, 7:51 am

i love your website so much so i would love to ask you is there is copyright to all of your contents on internet archive , like can anyone use an audio book from your website in their youtube chanel for learning purpose, and is there is any free copyrights on your website?

ej400

Post by ej400 » April 14th, 2020, 7:58 am

Heba wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 7:51 am
i love your website so much so i would love to ask you is there is copyright to all of your contents on internet archive , like can anyone use an audio book from your website in their youtube chanel for learning purpose, and is there is any free copyrights on your website?
Hello, and welcome!

Librivox recordings are made by volunteers reading books from the public domain that no longer have copyrights (depending on what country you are from), and are then released into the public domain for public access for free for anyone. :D So no, there are no copyrights here, and we don't claim any. We just try to provide free audiobooks for everyone. Just keep in mind that someone did make them :wink: :D

Have a nice day!

Heba

Post by Heba » April 14th, 2020, 8:46 am

Thank you so much for replying :D :D

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 14th, 2020, 8:58 am

Do note, please, that if you are outside the USA, your country's copyright laws apply. If an author is still under copyright for your country, then a recording of their work would also still be under copyright for you. :)
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia