Newbie Help! - I can't find my posts

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
RGrace

Post by RGrace » January 6th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Thanks for trying to help me!
I'm having trouble finding any responses to my posts:
1) I posted my one minute test - following the instructions, and tagging the mc for the book chapter I was assigned. But, I can't find it anywhere to see any feedback. I've done an advanced search, but since I followed the instructions and logged in through the librivox uploader, the post isn't showing up in my profile.
2) Speaking of my profile, I had to dig through my profile to find the posts I did last week to see if anyone had responded. Is there a way to just get a notification if my post had a response to it? I had 2 posts last week, and both had responses, but none of that showed up in my notifications. I actually had to pull up my original posts to see. Does that make sense? Is that just how librivox works, or are my settings messed up?

I'm going to try uploading my 1-minute test one more time right now, but, I'm still curious where my original went.
Thank you so much for any help or advice!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » January 6th, 2020, 12:12 pm

RGrace wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 12:04 pm
1) I posted my one minute test - following the instructions, and tagging the mc for the book chapter I was assigned. But, I can't find it anywhere to see any feedback. I've done an advanced search, but since I followed the instructions and logged in through the librivox uploader, the post isn't showing up in my profile.
2) Speaking of my profile, I had to dig through my profile to find the posts I did last week to see if anyone had responded. Is there a way to just get a notification if my post had a response to it? I had 2 posts last week, and both had responses, but none of that showed up in my notifications. I actually had to pull up my original posts to see. Does that make sense? Is that just how librivox works, or are my settings messed up?

I'm going to try uploading my 1-minute test one more time right now, but, I'm still curious where my original went.
Hi. Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I wasn't quite sure what you had done with your test, but I will ask if you uploaded the test to the "tests--tests" folder.

RGrace

Post by RGrace » January 6th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the response!
I just tried it to the "test-test" folder. Last time, I used the mc's name for the book I wanted to read for. Does that mean it went directly to her inbox or something instead of the forum?

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » January 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm

RGrace wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 12:04 pm

On the top left of the screen it says "Quick links" - If you click on this it gives you "your posts" and clicking on thi brings up a list of posts which you can click on and read.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » January 6th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Hi Rebekah,

You need to actually post the test file link in "Listeners and Editors" wanted here: viewforum.php?f=21
Someone will listen to it there.

Just uploading the file won't notify us. :-)

Here is the one minute test page in the wiki that goes into more detail: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

RGrace

Post by RGrace » January 6th, 2020, 4:17 pm

OH my goodness! I feel so dumb... I totally missed that last step of the instructions. *face palm*
Thank you!

I just got assigned a chapter for a book you are MC'ing. :) I posted it in the link you gave me for the listeners and editors wanted. I didn't post in our book forum though. Is there some advantage to that? Or should I try to tag you on my 1 minute post? (I'm not seeing an obvious way to tag you...)

Sorry! For all the newbie questions! See you around.
Rebekah

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 6th, 2020, 8:54 pm

There is no way to tag a member. If you really need to make sure a specific person sees your post, the best thing is to PM them with a link to the thread. (Or a request for them to check the thread, if you know they're already involved in it.)

It doesn't have to be your MC who checks your test though, or any MC, as a matter of fact. Several members here help out as often as they can by checking test files. Never fear; once you post a link to your test in Listeners Wanted, someone will eventually check it, even if it takes a day or two. :)