Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » January 10th, 2020, 9:20 pm

KevinS wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 8:58 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 8:48 pm
It's arrived!
I did a test with it right now... recording volume is only at 0.25% so if I need it louder I can easily boost that. The recording is the raw file, save for a slight stumble I edited out :wink: I think noise reduction is excellent (my mom was unboxing and cleaning her new toaster oven in the kitchen right next to the computer, that's what the [minimal] background noise was.) Here's the first recording I've done with it (I thought it would be better classified as a nonproject, since it isn't exactly a "real" test):
https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/uhurumictest.mp3
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it sounds. Tell me what you guys think. I'm excited to be using this just in time for the start of my YouTube channel, and for better-quality recordings here on LibriVox!
Hey! It's nice! Volume is low, but the sound is nice and clear and smooth. Your mom's performance on the toaster oven was pretty good too!
Haha! Thank you very much. (Feedback much appreciated.) :wink: :9:
--Rachel--
Dumbledore watched the doe fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always," said Snape

lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover » January 11th, 2020, 6:23 am

Well - it's a cheap USB mic so what can you expect?

It works and is usable - and you can make recordings with it (avoid the extraneous noises) - but it will be a mic you may want to replace with something better in a year or two. Sorry to be a little negative. The human voice is hard for a mic to record faithfully, and so really good mics are needed. But obviously what I'm trying to say is, yes the mic is OK, but you may want something better later on? (You could have got one of the famous Shure mics [SM 57?] for a bit more and it would be a lot better. But they require an XLR cable and suitable connection).

But I'm certain your new mic will be good to get you going for quite a while, and it's probably best to ignore my musings!