Christian books

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Mast96

Post by Mast96 » December 4th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Hello,
Im a Christian, and want to record Christian books. How do I find what the contents of the books are before I "claim" it? Also, when I go to record it, do I print the text on paper first or do I just read from the computer? How do you all do it?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » December 4th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Welcome!

Most of our books are e-texts (all group projects are), so you should be able to read the text a bit before jumping into a group project, or before choosing a text as a solo. Also, group projects usually have a summary/intro that can help you get the feel of a text.

Book suggestions almost always have a text link as well.

Most people I know record from their computer screen rather than printing out the text.
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » December 5th, 2019, 7:40 am

Mast96 wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Hello,
Im a Christian, and want to record Christian books. How do I find what the contents of the books are before I "claim" it? Also, when I go to record it, do I print the text on paper first or do I just read from the computer? How do you all do it?
I'd be happy to have you join in to the Frank W. Boreham book I'm coordinating, if you live in the US. (His works are still under copyright in most of the rest of the world.) He was a well known preacher who spent most of his life ministering in Australia and New Zealand. Click on the link in my signature line to check it out. Then you can see which chapters are not yet claimed, and you can go look at the text on Gutenberg to preview a chapter before you claim it, if you like.

Also, it may go without saying, but if you claim a chapter and then change your mind about it for any reason, you can give it up by informing your BC (book coordinator). There's no shame in doing that.

Mast96

Post by Mast96 » December 5th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Thank you! I will check it out! I was hoping someone would reply with a suggestion.

raror

Post by raror » January 4th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Is someone interested in making a project based on Witness nee and Witness Lee's work?

To me these are the number 1 most brilliant people in the christian community , of course right after people like Paul. Their teaching is extensive and very accurate. It shows people the meaning of prayer, the meaning of the gospel (to connect to Yeshua who is Christ), and gives clear direction to all whose hearts seek after Christ.

My point is ,if their books can be put in an audiobook format, it will be very instructive and good for all who search for accuracy and truth.

Please Direct message me, if we can get this going.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » January 4th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Neither of their writings is in the public domain, so their books cannot be recorded for LV at this point.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 4th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Watchman Nee's The Spiritual Man (1928) will be public domain (and thus available for us to record) on January 1, 2024. Only 4 years away!

raror

Post by raror » January 4th, 2020, 5:51 pm

Thank you.

Is it possible then to open a thread in anticipation for when in fact they might become in the public domain? Where can we see the dates at which they will become in the Public domain ?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » January 4th, 2020, 6:01 pm

It would be premature. Since that's their earliest work, 2024 is the earliest anything will be public domain.

Their works will be out of copyright on January 1, after 95 full years from when the work was published. So something published in 1928:

1928+95 = 2023
Next January 1 = Jan 1, 2024.

There's nothing to do until the work is out of copyright, so generating any interest in the work(s) at this point would be... pointless.