(ANSWERED)Fellow Librivoxers Lend me your ears!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Hi, I just read a review of one of my recordings which said my voice was so muffled it was unlistenable!.. .I know I have a rather soft toned, low register voice but I thought it was clear enough and at 90.1db within Librivox parameters. The other reader in this story has a very bright, treble sound and this may be preferable to the particular reviewer, but I would appreciate some feedback in case my ears have become too used to my own voice and I need to adjust something(not sure what!). The book is The Crown of Life by George Gissing and my reader name is annie70. I should not like to think other readers would be put off before even trying, it's not a bad story for its period. Thanks if you can help with listening for a few paragraphs:) cheers,Anne F
Last edited by anneflebari on September 5th, 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I love your voice. And have no difficulty hearing it in this set of recordings.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Don't put too much stakes in what reviewers say. You never know how/where they listen, if they had a bad day, or if they just prefer to be snarky. You can't please everybody. That's a fact.

Just keep doing what you're doing.
Other people seem to like it in the Miss Philura books: 8-)
The reader was perfect for this story.
the narration was excellent
Great reader
The narration is absolutely flawless!
This is a quaint old story read by a wonderful experienced reader. I loved it!!
very well read, made the characters come to life, hope she reads more
annie70 is WONDERFUL worth greet voices. You can absolutely SEE EACH CHARACTER because of thanks to her delivery. I especially subtle variations I the local accents.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Absolutely nothing wrong with your reading. It sounds fine to me, and in my opinion you read extremely well. The recording is of good quality and your voice is excellent, and I could listen all day!
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Goodness, nowI'm embarrassed! Thank you all for taking the time to listen and I'm very glad I don't have to start altering my recording setup or mic..and yes, I'll have to face the fact we can't please all the people all of the time:) Thank you again for the feedback, cheers, Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It was very nice! Don't discredit yourself on what one person says, always believe in yourself. I liked it a lot, you make me want to finish the book :D