I can't get uploaded

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I suggest letting it record for a while - say, 10-15 minutes - and then see if you get the progress bar when you export.

Edit to add: You don't have to speak all that time. In fact, what you could do is go to Generate - Tone and enter something like 15 minutes. Then try exporting that and see if you get the progress bar.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

If this is still causing problems, I've thought of a way of working through it. I'll take a series of screen shots of the various stages and ask our original poster to do the same for comparison.

7A2c3Ml ... would you be willing to try this?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Sure. If I'm understanding you, my "shots" would attempt to match yours, and we could see if anything was off.
My name is Mark
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Here you go. I've zipped five little jpgs and a short descriptive doc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Temp_py.zip

*** note to an admin: I forgot to add my initials to my first upload of this file. Could you please delete "Temp.zip" of this date? Thanks.

Peter
7A2c3Ml

Post by 7A2c3Ml »

Thanks for this!
Just eye-balling it, I see no discrepancies. I do have one question,though, on what I'm seeing on, was it L3? The last one before you went over to the Audio whadjacallit. I see a color difference between the part you've recorded on, and where you haven't. I know you can--what's the word for it? scroll back? so you can delete it. Do you do that prior to moving on (isolate the recorded section, I mean, not delete it) or not? I will try to get screenshots on my end, though I'm unsure how to then get them to show up HERE>
My name is Mark
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

The difference in the display colour in the third screenshot, I think, is simply because I only recorded a few seconds, and the full display as I have it set up is 18 seconds long, so you're seeing the "nothing recorded" display to the right. The option "Export Selected Audio" is greyed out because I hadn't highlit any of my recording to select it. Without making a selection, the program will simply export the entire recording.

I'll PM you about preparing a similar zip file.
Peter