Quotes at the start of the chapter

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

I hope I'm not repeating a question that's already been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it in a search. I'd like to submit a story to an open collection of short works. The one I found on Project Gutenberg has two quotes after the title and before the story begins, including a pretty long one. Do I include them? I'd be inclined to do so if the chapter was from a complete book, but this is just a single story in a collection so I am not sure. Thanks!

Zarina
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

in general, it is up to the reader and whether they feel it contributes to the story. The author did. You could just read them and decide when you listened to your ready to upload story - or ask when you post it, It's easier to remove them than to add them later.

Anne
Kozmique

Post by Kozmique »

annise wrote: May 17th, 2019, 8:14 pm in general, it is up to the reader and whether they feel it contributes to the story. The author did. You could just read them and decide when you listened to your ready to upload story - or ask when you post it, It's easier to remove them than to add them later.

Anne
Thank you, Anne!