Links to Offsite Platforms

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Twocky61

Post by Twocky61 »

Is it allowed for someone on here to post a link to an off site platform?

So, I'm unable to run audio on this site; my pc settings I suspect

So, if did a test link (for example) the link could be clicked to hear my voice on another platform

Thanks

Nick
Read a book; throw out your Kindle. Power cut? How are you going to use your Kindle with no power? Light a candle & read a book
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

If your PC settings (you suspect) are wrong, fix your PC settings.

If you post a link to some other place (like your Google Drive, for instance), what's the use? Any subsequent contribution of yours needs to end up on our server to be part of LV, if that's what you intend. Setting up the proper mechanism for uploading to our servers is one of the aspect of the one-minute test.

If you're not doing the one-minute test, why do you want us to hear it?

ETA: keep in mind that the one-minute test is not an audition. The audio needs to be of proper format and reasonably easy to understand (loud enough but not too loud and clear of plosives, hiss and other background noise).
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You'd be better to explain what your problem is exactly so someone can help you fix it. Really clear explanations of your problems may get someone able to fix it
Can you upload your test to our site? If so it doesn't matter if you can't hear it.
Can you upload to our site?
Are you expecting some LV member to download a file from another site? If you are planning to record for us the files need to be uploaded to LV so it's important that you state details of your problem -

Anne