أحتاج مساعدة في تسجيل العبارات العربية

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Some_Old_Bird

Post by Some_Old_Bird »

Hello

As you can probably tell by the rough google translation that I copy+pasted into the subject :hmm: , I dont know Arabic :oops: , so I'm counting on YOU :thumbs: . If you and read Arabic text out loud (whether in Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Amazigh... ) and can spare a few moments, could you please :help: me by recording a few sentences found in the preface of the text in the below link.

https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_22IbAQAAMAAJ/page/n9

I'll need you to read each piece of Arabic text whether its just one letter or a couple sentences, in the preface only (xi - xviii) in the order it occurs, along with 2 or 3 of the English words in front of them (not the full English sentence, just enough so I don't get lost and misplace something). Also, if you like, say your name or handle in the recording and I'll make sure you get credit :clap: :clap: for your contribution. 8-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey!

Arabic speaker here! Piotrek told me that you wanted help. I wanted to ask you a question, I've created a Loom video (https://www.loom.com/share/d8722fbc09c14efa835ceb7b82edd2c2). To make sure that we are on the same page.

Let me know how I can help you. Have a great day! :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Some_Old_Bird

Post by Some_Old_Bird »

Hi Sara,

Great to hear from you! Thank you for that video too. I definitely need all the Arabic in the main body of the text. Footnotes are optional, but I'd like to do them as well so if you can record the Arabic there too that would be awesome. Your voice is great :thumbs: I'd love to have you record. This is only like my 2nd recording on this site so no need to be shy :oops: .

If you decide to record, Let me know, I will PM you my email to send me the recording.

Also here's a Link to the main thread if your interested. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68686
If you like it and want to do more, the last chapter might be up for grabs. Its already assigned, but so was my section before they gave it to me :wink:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey,

You're most welcome! And thanks for the compliment. Okay, I'll record all the Arabic for you. :thumbs: I don't mind the email but I first thought that I will upload it under xx-nonproject to LibriVox uploader. I'll make sure to upload the recording by Monday.

Actually, I did claim the preface before but couldn't make it. :oops: Things happened and I didn't make the deadline. So, I'm making it up by recording the Arabic parts. :mrgreen:

If you don't mind: what's your name?

Have a nice day! :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Actually, go ahead and upload it to my folder (the MC for the project). Name it something like travelsof_arabic.mp3 (the "travelsof" part at the start, so it sorts to the same part of the file list as the other files in the project). That way it's handy, and I can easily identify it and delete it when the project is cataloged. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

TriciaG wrote: April 13th, 2019, 7:21 am Actually, go ahead and upload it to my folder (the MC for the project). Name it something like travelsof_arabic.mp3 (the "travelsof" part at the start, so it sorts to the same part of the file list as the other files in the project). That way it's handy, and I can easily identify it and delete it when the project is cataloged. 8-)
Got it! :thumbs: Thanks, Tricia. :D
Some_Old_Bird

Post by Some_Old_Bird »

I'm Rob! And yes, post it however you normally do, I'm sure I'll figure it out (did I mention I'm new here? :mrgreen: ). Monday would be awesome :clap: if you got the time, that way I can record the rest of the preface and edit your part in throughout the week.

No worries if it takes longer though :thumbs: , looking forward to it, dont forget to introduce yourself (if you want) so you get credit (and so I dont mispronounce your handle)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Rob! Really? It's so nice to meet you. I hope you're enjoying the recording.

I've finished the recording as promised. Yay! :clap:

Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/travelsof_arabic.mp3 (8:3). Just download the file. I also have the recording as flac as well if you prefer that. Another thing, I didn't do any editing to it except doing the Noise Reduction. The volume is 87.9 dB (according to the Checker).

I don't usually say my name within the recordings so I didn't add it in this one.

Also, do you use Audacity? If so, do you have the latest version? The thing is there is a feature called Punch and Roll. It really helps with editing. Devorah has done a video on how to use it (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396441804). Please check it out.

Finally, Sometimes in the text, they use part of the title and in the footnote, they write more details. When this happens I say in the footnote then repeat some of the information. Except for the one on page 17, "The terms مبتدأ and خبر signify the subject and predicate in grammar." that is a footnote.

If you would like me to do another Loom video about it, please let me know.

Have a great day!!! :D
Some_Old_Bird

Post by Some_Old_Bird »

Just listened, super clear, thank you so much, you made my job much easier. I don't think I'll need a video, but please stick around in case I have any questions.

I do have audacity, not sure if its the most updated, I'm kinda winging it and learning as I go along. So thank you for that Twitch vid from Devorah, I definitely need all the help I can get. So far all I know how to do is record and adjust the volume (Im probably not even doing that right).
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Rob!

Thanks for the compliment! And you're most welcome. Sure, let me know whenever you have any questions.

Great! To know your Audacity version, open Audacity then click on Help then click on About Audacity. My version is 2.3.1. I also learned that from Devorah. Actually, everything I know about Librivox and Audacity is from Phil Chenevert's YouTube videos.

We do get better with every recording that we do. :D I hope to work with you again in another project. Have a great day!!! :D