Help for stumbling thread

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I've noticed that there are a few readers recently, who have been making posts asking for help on their stuttering/stumbling/getting nervous when reading. So I decided to start this thread so we could have it all nice and neat in one place... and because I have kind of found myself a solution:

I decided to slow down my reading just a bit, and to pronounce things fully. Sometimes when I pronounce things their not entirely finished, or started. But I noticed that when I slowed down, and not exactly concentrated so hard, but concentrated on the words I was saying or just about to say, I did much better and didn't stumble as much. Instead of looking at the upcoming words, and having my eyes ahead of what I was saying, I forced myself to pay attention to the word I was on. I know there's only a split second between each word I say, but the slight and small concentrating on what word I was saying, and how I was saying it, really, really helped.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Interesting. I actually find it the opposite. I have to let go and not focus so hard. When I read well, I am not comprehending any of it. I literally have to let go and let some hidden part of my brain take over. It's strange though, even then my brain puts emotion in it so it is not monotone. Then when listening to edit it, it is like I'm hearing it for the first time. It's weird.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ej400 wrote: March 19th, 2019, 8:12 am So your doing it no brainer style eh? :lol: <laughing>
Ha ha I guess you could put it that way. It works for me though! Others it won’t work for, we all do better certain ways!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ej400

Post by ej400 »

That is true.

Ugh... I think this thread was meant to be in Need Help? Got Advice? can an admin please move it there?

Thanks
Elijah
Last edited by Cori on March 23rd, 2019, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved as requested :)