Where do certain kinds of projects go

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

As I was browsing through Gutenberg.org, I found some interesting items. Some of them were speeches, even ones in the 1940's and newer that are evidently in the PD . Under what "category" would these fall? Some are quite short, but very important from a historical and educational perspective. I assume they are in the PD because they were not 'copyrighted'.
Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Check the "bibrec" tab on Gutenberg. There as some Fair Use or Copyrighted materials there, but if it says "Public Domain in the USA," it's OK for us to record.

I'm not sure what you mean by "category." If the recording would be 72 minutes or less, it would fit well in one of the collections - short nonfiction collection, for example. If it will be longer than 72 minutes and thus have more than one section/file, it could be a standalone project, or combined with others of similar nature in one project (such as the House of Commons Speeches collection).

If you want a more specific answer, you'd probably need to give more specific details. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

The one that really caught my eye was FDR's "Day of Infamy" speech. There were also many other speeches and even books printed during and after WWII that were listed. Being new, I though that the category you listed was for 'stories' not speeches, but that does answer my question . :) Thanks a lot. On the Gutenberg Bookshelf link they are listed under 'wars' then WWII.
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen: