Section names

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Are section numbers automatically appended to chapter names when the project is finished? At one time, I thought it was good to have sections named with 01, 02, 03, etc. in the section name, so they would sort correctly on disks or mp3 players that sort by file name. I couldn't remember if this is know done automatically or if it still needs to be in the project window.

I like to prep my projects in an excel spreadsheet, to track chapter titles and word counts. I want to set them up so I can easily copy and paste them into the project.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

If you're asking about file names, then no, I don't think section numbers are appended anywhere automatically. File naming is the BC's responsibility, and usually is decided ahead of time, so you name them before you upload. An MC can rename files afterwards, but it's a bit more involved. Or are you asking about the section numbers in the catalog entries or the MP3 tags? I think the catalog entries come from the MW, and you need to make sure that MW contains the correct information. Same with tags, I think... I am sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong. :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No that isn't what he means, I think he means the title fields in the MW
Lets say for section 01 in the MW you enter into the title Birth of Boomcoach then on cataloguing this becomes 01 - Birth of Boomcoach (I just made it bold to show what I meant - please don't use code in the section title field)
So it is no longer necessary to add a number at the start - if you did , it would finish up 01 01 birth ....

Anne
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

The 01, 02 , 03 will be added automatically at cataloging to the tags, etc.. There is no need to add them in the MW, as it will be a bit redundant.

We used to have to add them manually, but with the "new" cataloging system we do not.

Edit: What Anne said. She was faster than me. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Thanks, Anne.

I am curious myself now. My project has more than 99 sections. However, it does not start with 001, but with 01 (I see that if I click on BC Admin). And in MW it's just '1', '2', etc. How is that handled? Should I expect the final catalog entry to be numbered 001, etc.? Automagically?
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

thanks, Anne and maria, for figuring out what I meant (although being able to think like me is a bit scary!) :mrgreen:
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

tovarisch wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:02 pm Thanks, Anne.

I am curious myself now. My project has more than 99 sections. However, it does not start with 001, but with 01 (I see that if I click on BC Admin). And in MW it's just '1', '2', etc. How is that handled? Should I expect the final catalog entry to be numbered 001, etc.? Automagically?
The cataloging system will add the correct number of digits.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart