Clicking Sound

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I have been trying to record a short story, but every time about 3 minutes into the recording a clicking sound in the background occurs when I talk. I tried using different headphones to no avail. Does anybody know what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Campbell
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

If you would upload a short sample of your recording, someone may be able to identify the cause. Don't process the recording in any way (no noise cleaning etc), save as an mp3, then go to the uploader. You'll find the link in any group project; use the password that's given there. You don't need an MC name to upload; at the bottom of the list of MCs use the "xx-nonproject" option. Then copy the link you're given into your next post here.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

For these sort of things, it's best to use the tests folder, because it is cleared out regularly.

Unless this is some noise caused by a pending alien invasion, no need to keep this for all eternity. :wink:

But still, Peter is right: Best to upload a sample and try to find out what causes those clicks. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
lymiewithpurpose

Thanks guys! I mentioned it to my dad and he said to try recording a different way so I deleted all of my clicking track. Hopefully this will work, but I will definitely upload a sample if needed.

Thanks,
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Dads are good for saving the day. :D Hopefully that did it. I'd be interested in hearing the conclusion, if so. In other words, if this new recording method does the trick, would you mind letting us know what worked and, if you know, what was causing it in the first place?
lymiewithpurpose

Ok so the new thing did work. It’s really a hassle and annoying but I had to get an app on my phone that lets me record. Then I email it to myself and edit on my laptop. It worked though. Our only guess is there’s something wrong with my laptop.

Thanks,
Campbell