Section length

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I am getting back to LV and am looking through some projects that I had sitting on the back burner. I was wondering if there is still a 60 minute limit to section length (I think I remember such a limit, but it could be my imagination.) I thought that the limit was based on size when recording to CD, but I doubt that that occurs as much today, with so many people listening directly from mp3.

The reason that I am asking is that I am putting together a short story project and one of the stories is about 11500 words. For me this would run at about 70 minutes, from past experience. While I could force a split into the story, I would prefer to do it in one go.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The people who still use CDs are often the elderly or the handicapped, or those with CD players in their cars, there is no way we can tell how many there still are. Most mp3 players are small and difficult to use with poorer eyesight and finger control
But 70 is OK 80 is not
We have asked at times what people prefer from a listening point of view and there does seem to be a trend to like about 30-45 mins for those who exercise or commute but like everything else here and probably everywhere, there isn't a definite answer.

Anne