Giving feedback for Proof Listening

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
softstepgd

Post by softstepgd »

Good day,

Forgive me if this has been already answered, I am a newbie.
I would like to try my hand an proof-listening and wanted to know where I would have to write my feedback or comments from a piece that I have listened. Do I just reply in the thread where it is posted? Or upload it somewhere specific.
Thank you!

Take care
Leselle
You will know when you get there... :) :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wonderful! We are experiencing a shortage of proof listeners at the moment, I do believe. Here is a great resource to get you started: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners That page also includes, at the bottom, a link to a little "quiz" to try out, by listening to a sample piece and identifying what kinds of things in it would warrant a change.

You would post your feedback in the thread for the project itself, yes. That way, everything stays together, and everyone involved in that project would have easy access to your notes.

You can choose to be a "DPL" (Dedicated Proof Listener) for a project, which means that you'll commit to listening to every section of that specific project, or you can just pop in to a project that needs help and say "Hey, I listened to section (whatever), and here are my notes." (If you do this, make sure it's not a project that already has a DPL, because then you'll be butting in on someone else's job. :wink:)

I hope this helps. Have fun listening!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

And here's some more info: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

It's all over the place - in the wiki, on the forum... ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
softstepgd

Post by softstepgd »

Thank you both Mightflex and Tricia for your responses!
I am ready to get stuck in!

:clap: :D :D
softstepgd

Post by softstepgd »

I have another question.

How do I listen to the audio on audacity? Would I need to save it and then open it in that software?

Thank you

Leselle
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You don't have to listen to it in Audacity, unless you want to. Any media player that shows you the time (where you are in the recording) will work. I use VLC Media Player. :)

But if you do want to use Audacity, you'd need to save the file, then open it in Audacity. It'll import it (convert it from MP3 to its own format) and ask you if you want to save it when you leave. I would suggest not saving it, but if you need to open it again, just importing it again.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart