Need a little help

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Natsu

Post by Natsu »

I am trying to start reading, and I read somewhere that our first time we have to like copy the link to your one min test and put it in the reply asking for the part so people know it's out there.....I lost the link how do I continue?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Did you upload your test as per instructions? If so you would have been given a link by the uploader. If you've lost that, the quickest way for you would be to upload again and get another link
A slower way would be to say what your test was called, and someone may be able to find it as long as you've added your name to the file name. If you've just called it test it will be more difficult to find
If this doesn't answer your question post again with more details and someone should be able to help

Anne
Natsu

Post by Natsu »

I was not sure if I would be allowed to repost, so that question is answered. Yes it is called test_natsu, the MC I did was chocoholic, not sure if that helps or not but, yeah. Thanks!

Natsu
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Thanks, those details clarify certain things.

The MC you ought to use for a 1-min test is "tests-tests" (and not any other). Go ahead and re-upload there, and then wait until uploader finishes, use you mouse to select and copy the URL the uploader gives you at the end, then paste it in a new post in "Listeners Wanted" with additional information, like what system you have, what mic, etc., like the instructions suggest.

BTW, your two uploads are sitting in chocoholic's area, the latest is https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/test_Natsu.mp3 , but please watch your MC selection next time. Do re-upload to 'tests-tests'.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
schrm

Post by schrm »

Natsu wrote: January 13th, 2019, 9:37 am I was not sure if I would be allowed to repost, so that question is answered. Yes it is called test_natsu, the MC I did was chocoholic, not sure if that helps or not but, yeah. Thanks!

Natsu
hello natsu,

welcome to librivox :-)

to elaborate a little bit more about correct procedures:
- you should make a new post in the subforum "Listeners wanted" viewforum.php?f=21
- there, we need some basic setting informations and the link to your uploaded file
- someone will prooflisten (pl) your file and give you some helpful further instructions.

--> the uploading procedure is quite important, as is the posting of the link. you will redo all of this for every file you upload!

you wrote, you had some instructions read somewhere? maybe it was our wikipage for 1 minute tests?
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

all of that said, i pl-ed your file and: it is ok, already :D

the only two things i want to note, are:
- at the end of your recording i can hear some noises: maybe of your clothes, some movements to end the recording, and so on. you can easily reduce the volume of these parts of your recording, when you are contributing "real" recordings 8-)
- all filenames must be all lower case! or someone will have to do extra work..

so, now back to the "complicated" part: :roll: :mrgreen:
please, head over to our "listeners wanted" subforum and post the link of your correctly uploaded file!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275