Problem setting my technical specs [SOLVED]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Storegon

Post by Storegon »

I have Audacity2.3.0. Here is my two part question:

The Chenevert video tells me to set my export files by going to File/Export/MP3 files, then to click on Options and choose 128 kilobites export file.

I click on File.
Export
Export as Mp3, and nothing happens. Where is "Options"? How do I finish this step?

Also, where do I find "Show Metadata Editor" to make sure that the box next to it is checked? :help:
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Is "Export as mp3" greyed out? This happens if you haven't got a file open to be exported.

You can only change these settings if you actually have an Audacity file open. Then, when you export the file, a window opens with an image of the folder tree, a box for file name and file type and a panel underneath with the options for bit rate etc.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Storegon wrote: December 6th, 2018, 8:40 pm I click on File.
Export
Export as Mp3, and nothing happens.
:hmm: Do you have LAME installed? You need it; Audacity doesn't export to mp3 out of the box.
Storegon wrote: December 6th, 2018, 8:40 pm Also, where do I find "Show Metadata Editor" to make sure that the box next to it is checked?
"Edit - Preferences - Import/Export" but this one you actually don't need any more; we do no more need to fill out the ID-Tags :)
Storegon

Post by Storegon »

Many thanks, Peter Why and Moniaqua! Your diagnoses were correct. :clap: