New user introduction / Steve Miller

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
SteveMiller

Post by SteveMiller »

Hello LibriVox community!
My name is Steve Miller and I’m located near Charlotte, NC USA. I have just joined the community and I’m looking forward to contributing.
I heard about LibriVox in the comments section from one of the YouTube channels I subscribe to related to Voice Over & Narration work. I’ve always been an avid reader and have a passion for books old and new, so this was a wonderful discovery for me. I would love to offer my services such as they are to the effort of vocalizing past literary works. I look forward to collaborating with the group!

Cheers,

Steve Miller
Cheers!

Steve
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wonderful, welcome at LibriVox, Steve :)

We recommend to do a 1-minute-test (see "Starting point for newbies") prior to reading longer sections, so that you can be sure that all technical settings are fine. This is no audition, it is only for the things like bitrate etc which are a bit special here :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Welcome to LibriVox, Steve!
If you need help finding a project, why don't you check in the Readers Wanted:Books forum? Everything there is up for grabs. If you want something a little shorter, try Readers Wanted:Short Works (Poetry & Prose) forum. Or if you want to try your hand at a singing project, you can try Twinkle88's project, Silent Night, located here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72133

Or commonsparrow3's project, here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=72258

Good luck, and happy recording!

Best,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~