[OK]Cannot download or stream

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Nekoshka

Post by Nekoshka »

Hi there. I am new here and need your help.

I cannot download or stream on the computer. When I click play button, the web says 'The server does not respond,' and when I try downloading, it says either 'the server does not respond,' or simply cancel the action for both individual chapter or zip. When I try iTunes, I CAN subscribe, but cannot stream or download.

Is it something to do with being Mac user, or web browser? I use Safari and google chrome.

I have no problem downloading or streaming on other sites, such as Gutenberg.

If you have any suggestions, that would be great.

Nekoshka
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hmm. :hmm: :hmm: Not sure what's going on there. It may be a bug in the system- I've experienced constant glitches in the system myself, and while it's annoying, there's not really a way to fix it. (I think there is a way to fix it, however, in your case- that's definitely not normal.) I've never actually tried streaming on a PC- just on a mobile device- so I'm not sure if you are able to. For now, I'd suggest using something else (a laptop or phone/mobile device, perhaps?) till people can help figure out what's going on. I'm sure there is a tech-savvy volunteer who can help you :wink: I hope you can get this figured out quickly!

P.S. Have you been able to stream fine before? If you have, it may be a bug or a glitch in the system.
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It always helps if you give us a link - there are so many different places to access our files that it is hard to be relevant.
So assuming you are using Librivox.org try these

People have reported some problems with Chrome, if you have another browser you could try it ?
Another suggestion would be to scroll down the left hand side until you can find the
Internet Archive Page link
and go there and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes, feedback does help us understand what is happening

Anne
kayray

Post by kayray »

(it's not a mac problem -- I'm 100% mac and have no issues.)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Nekoshka

Post by Nekoshka »

Thanks for the advice! As you suggested, I tried my mobile phone to see if it works. For both streaming and downloading, I got 'Safari could not open the page because there server stopped responding,' so I do not think it is my computer or my firewall problem.
No JayKitty76, I just found this wonderful site few days ago and have not been able to listen anything so far. Sad!

This problem occurs all pages, so I cannot give you an individual link. I do use Librivox.org, though. I also tried Internet Archive Page, Online text, and M4B Audiobook (169MB) as you suggested. I COULD go to 'Online text' page, but both Internet Archive and M4B, I got the same result; 'the server stopped responding.'

Anything else I can do?

Nekoshka
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:hmm:
Could you just give us the url for 1 project you tried and we can see if we can reproduce it?

Anne
Nekoshka

Post by Nekoshka »

Nekoshka

Post by Nekoshka »

UPDATE: It seems to be that it's the problem of my internet connection. I tried different WIFI and turned out it functions perfectly. I had never had any problems with my internet provider, so I never considered the possibility.

Thank you for taking time to review and give me advice, everyone. :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That's great, thanks for getting back to us, it was a help for next time.

Anne
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Nekoshka wrote: ↑November 6th, 2018, 4:17 am UPDATE: It seems to be that it's the problem of my internet connection. I tried different WIFI and turned out it functions perfectly. I had never had any problems with my internet provider, so I never considered the possibility.

Thank you for taking time to review and give me advice, everyone. :D
Hi Nekoshka!
Glad you figured it out :clap: Have fun listening :)
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~