I want to read La Sankta Biblio -in Esperanto

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
dandelionc

Post by dandelionc »

I want to read the Holy Bible in Esperanto. I think I might be running into some copyright issues. Because of World War 1, Zamenhof translation of the Old Testament was not published until 1926. The New Testament was published in 1912, though.

After spending a night searching for a PDF of the 1912 Esperanto New Testament and failing, I was wondering if I might be so lucky as to ready have it in my possession. A while ago I bought a new testament from eBay. It was advertised as large print, but was not large print. The print quality is poor, and it seems old. I can't find a publishing date in it. Does anybody know how to tell if I got so lucky that I actually have a 1912 Esperanto New Testament? Here is a link to the PDF of the pages with the ISBN and any other publishing information in the book.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14g4GNphB-bdXLeUEKFQAdkDsly3BJyht/view?usp=drivesdk

What do you think?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Unfortunately, it seems to me it is a 1982 edition, not only because that is the number that appears right above the ISBN in your picture, but because if you search worldcat for the ISBN 056402038-9, you get a 1982 edition. Sorry :?

https://www.worldcat.org/search?q=bn%3A0564020389&qt=notfound_page&search=Buscar+o+cat%C3%A1logo+em
Leni
=================
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If you're in the US, check to see if either of these are "full view". Linky linky

For me in Canada, they are not full view, but they might be in the US.

You'd have to read it off their website unless you have the credentials to log in and download the full PDF.

Edit to add: I'd recommend doing each NT book as a separate project, and starting with one of the shorter ones since you're a brand new reader. That way you get your feet wet before diving into the deep end of recording, and the books will be available for others to download and listen when you're done with each book rather than them having to wait until the entire New Testament is done. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Babilfrenzo

Post by Babilfrenzo »

I'm in the US, and I just wanted to confirm that the first one seems to have a "Full View" link. Good news for dandelionc.