DPL time limit guideline

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

As BC, you do get to accept your DPL - if you wanted to you could say what you wanted when they volunteered and see if they agreed - it's better if you both know.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: ↑October 12th, 2018, 7:59 pm As BC, you do get to accept your DPL - if you wanted to you could say what you wanted when they volunteered and see if they agreed - it's better if you both know.

Anne
That is something I did not know. I believe it was Yentl who kept asking "Where is it written?"
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Similar to Lomond, I prefer a few days to go by without any action on the part of the DPL, before I do anything. (Around 3-4 days.) Then, as a BC, I will start PLing chapters myself. If 5-6 days go by with no response of any kind from my DPL (no check-ins, nothing) then I PM the DPL.
That's an update from my previous post, when I hadn't started BCing yet.

Thanks!
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm going to do a community podcast about PL'ing (among other things). Please feel free to participate! See the link in my signature. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

TriciaG wrote: ↑November 1st, 2018, 12:33 pm I'm going to do a community podcast about PL'ing (among other things). Please feel free to participate! See the link in my signature. 8-)
Hi Tricia! This looks fun, but I'm not sure about actually recording...could I just PM you my text idea, like it says in your post? And also, what exactly is a blooper reel? Sorry if I sound really inexperienced, I just haven't done anything like this before :wink:

I'll check it out in further detail, I just scanned it right now :D

Thanks!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, you can PM me the text if you'd rather not record.

The blooper reel would be taking some of the best bloopers from the bloopers thread and making them into a segment for the podcast. Works best with some narration to introduce some of the bloopers rather than just a long strong of them. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

TriciaG wrote: ↑November 1st, 2018, 2:32 pm Yes, you can PM me the text if you'd rather not record...
Thank you Tricia! Will PM soon. Thanks!