Blue Yeti Microphone Issue

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
RhiannonD

Post by RhiannonD »

I've been wanting so much to volunteer recently, but I cannot figure out what is going wrong with my microphone right now. It is relatively new, bought brand new last year, and was working fine for the first few months. Now, however, I can record maybe a minute of good audio and then a weird echo starts happening.
I'm using my Macbook air, recording on Audacity, and just hooking the microphone up by the usb which was the whole reason I got this particular mic since I am not very knowledgable on recording set ups. In testing if this was a mic issue or Audacity, I tested it on Garageband and had the same issue.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Error.mp3

Any help is greatly appreciated!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Looks like a driver issue, maybe. Try removing that device from your Macbook altogether (don't recall how), and then re-installing it (like you would a newly purchased one). After you've removed Yeti, switch to recording with the built in, just to make sure it's microphone-specific.

Of course, to make sure it is (or not) the microphone's circuitry you should try using it on a Linux box or a Windows PC... If you have a friend who could assist you, bring your Yeti over and plug it in and use a sound recorder to see if you get similar behavior or not.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please