Editing issues

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

Hi!

I'm currently in the process of editing my librivox recording. However, unfortunately, I noticed that I forgot to record a couple of sentences in a particular passage, or misread a word in another. Is there anyway dubbing over mistakes?

Thanks!
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Are you using Audacity? If so, when you click record again, it will begin recording a new track underneath your original one. Then you can copy and paste those missing bits where they need to go and then delete the new track that was created.

Or, a lot of people prefer to open a brand new window in Audacity and record there, then copy and paste into your project. That way, you don't have to worry about having to delete that second track.

I hope that helps!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

On newer versions of Audacity, you have to hold down the Shift key to record underneath the present track. Default when clicking Record is to add the recording to the end of the current track.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Since I need to replace many words and sentences in my recordings, I do this all the time. This is a little video of how I do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdJsoGQc9c

It is just one method; others have different ones but this works for me.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote: ↑August 5th, 2018, 9:54 am On newer versions of Audacity, you have to hold down the Shift key to record underneath the present track. Default when clicking Record is to add the recording to the end of the current track.
Really? I never updated mine, because I fear change! :lol: In my version, holding Shift adds the recording to the end.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I occasionally update mine so that I can help new folks with the version they are probably using. :) I suppose it makes sense - more often people want to continue recording on the current track rather than start a new one, so make that action the default.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi lynn0301,

So I use Audacity 2.2.2. and if I miss a word, I record a separate track (of the correct word), copy that, and paste it exactly where it should have been in the original sentence. If I miss a sentence, I do the same thing and just paste it where it should have been originally. (Don't forget to cut the recorded words at the end of the recording before you upload! I've done that before and it creates more hassle for me.) I only use Audacity version 2.2.2.- most volunteers choose to use Audacity, but if you are using a different program unfortunately I cannot help in that field :(

I hope you figure out your editing issues quickly!
Thanks,
~JayKitty76
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~