I Need A Book Coordinators Help

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
josephjones

Post by josephjones »

I am working on my Eagle Scout Project and need a book coordinator’s help. I’m introducing people to Librivox and having them read a short collection of fairy tales by Juliana Horatia Ewing. The book is called “Old Fashioned Fairy Tales” and has 20 short fairy tales each 2-4 pages long. I’m a new reader and can't do it myself so I need someone with more experience to post this book.

The book can be found at https://www.gutenberg.org/files/15592/15592-h/15592-h.htm
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

sounds like a cool Eagle project.

do you mean that you've already had people record sections of the book and you are hoping to have them hosted on LibriVox? if that's the case, it might be a little complicated to get the project going here. LibriVox has a fairly particular way of doing things, where most readers are expected to have a presence of their own here on the forums. if your local volunteer group is using your recording equipment, it might possibly work for them to bypass the usual 1-minute test and all that, but it really depends.

I notice that some other volunteers have talked to you about group projects and service with LibriVox already in the thread for your suggested project. if you have more questions, let us know. I'd be happy to talk more via PM if that would be helpful. I've only coordinated a couple project so far, but I do have a pretty good sense of how LV works and I remember what being new was like. we are willing to help! in your case, I think we need more information about what exactly you're trying to do.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

josephjones wrote: July 27th, 2018, 4:26 pm I am working on my Eagle Scout Project and need a book coordinator’s help. I’m introducing people to Librivox and having them read a short collection of fairy tales by Juliana Horatia Ewing. The book is called “Old Fashioned Fairy Tales” and has 20 short fairy tales each 2-4 pages long. I’m a new reader and can't do it myself so I need someone with more experience to post this book.

The book can be found at https://www.gutenberg.org/files/15592/15592-h/15592-h.htm
Before anyone starts this, we need to know a few things . We've had a number of different people try to use LV as part of a volunteer requirement and it hasn't worked.
So we need to understand a few things
My understanding is that you need to show you can organise a project for someone and present them with a finished project- like building a fence for a children's park - you organise the materials and the group of volunteers and you finish the project.
So our role is to say yes you finished an audiobook and we can use it
Have you had the project approved ?
What have you told them you will do ? We can't sign off on it unless we know what you have proposed.

Are you planning to check your friends files and upload them all ?

You've made a really good start doing the test and finding out what is involved in reading , and I would be prepared to set it up for you depending on your answers

I want this to work , both for your sake and ours. And maybe for others that want to tread the path,

Anne
schrm

Post by schrm »

just to mention it:
i have great respect for your continued ambition to realize this!
i think: :thumbs:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275