Narration of Bullet Points

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Twacker

Post by Twacker »

Hi I am new to narration and I have a question. How are we to read a bullet point in the text?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Terry Murtha
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've heard people say, "point" for each of them.

I, personally, don't say anything.

Ask your BC what they want you to do.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Twacker

Post by Twacker »

Thanks. This is actually for something outside of Librivox, but I like your method better.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Twacker wrote: July 27th, 2018, 10:37 pm Thanks. This is actually for something outside of Librivox, but I like your method better.
If you are doing it for someone else you'd be better to ask them , they may have different ideas

Anne
DaleInTexas

Post by DaleInTexas »

Interesting.. I never thought about my approach to bulleted text until you asked.
I have always approached bulleted-text like a list, especially when it follows a colon.

I get pretty animated at the mic, much like I am presenting in front of a group. I just say in my head #1 (and count on my fingers, which provides a beat to separate the text, so the listener hears the list stand out) then say the text, (count #2/beat) change inflection and read, (count #3/ maybe a beat-beat) and read third bulleted text.... kinda make it melodic. On the last bullet, I will use a downward, or down-up-down, inflection, to let the listener sense the end of the list, before proceeding to the next paragraph.
Dale
Dale Latham
Down on the Poor Farm
https://twitter.com/dalelatham