Will the microphone from Samsung U-flex bluetooth headphones fit the requirements

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
John1585Bull

Post by John1585Bull »

Hi, chaps. I have Samsung U-flex bluetooth headphones. They have an inbuilt microphone. I wonder whether it will suffice for our recordings or whether I have to buy something more recording oriented. Here is the description of them https://www.zdnet.com/article/samsungs-u-flex-headphones-let-you-use-phone-without-taking-it-out-of-your-pocket/
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hi John,

Yes, it will likely suffice. Like every analog microphone, it's going to be prone to electric noise (interference from any source, low quality of ADCs in the sound circuitry), so give it a go and see what you get. Some of analog systems are so bad that you can barely hear the voice over the static, and some are quite decent (like Mac built-in mics, for instance) whose noise is low and manageable.

Our sections can be as long as 1 hour. Can your headphones sustain your recording of that length (and often longer because of repeats and re-reads of some sentences)? Or will you need to break those up and charge your headset in between sessions? Perhaps you will want to limit what you take on, based on how long your headphones will allow... :hmm: Such limitation does not exist with wired microphones... :wink:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
John1585Bull

Post by John1585Bull »

Thank you very much for your reply. I guess it can work for about 8 hours in a row. Unless there are any other limitations except the battery capacity, I guess it will be enough to record at least one chapter with all lapses and repetitions. I'll try to record something for trial.