How to delete postst?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

Hello. I am kind of gaining a bit of an internet presence, and I do not want much information being found about me. How would I delete the posts I have written, and how would I delete my whole account?

Thanks.
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You could edit your old posts, but bear in mind that project-specific forum posts help our workflow because they're a record of sections submitted, PL comments addressed, etc. If you've posted personal information you'd rather not have floating out in the wide world, editing that part out wouldn't affect anything at LV.

If you really want to remove your entire LV presence, we can delete your forum account. However, your name would stay in our catalog and on all of your cataloged recordings. We could change your catalog name to a pseudonym, although that would affect only the LV catalog pages, not the audio files themselves or the Archive pages, CD covers, and all of the places on the Internet the recordings have already spread (with your name attached). If you'd like to proceed and you've got some claimed sections, please let the BC's know first so they can open the sections for other readers.

But first, are you sure about this? I understand wanting to (try to) curate your online presence, but recording audiobooks is compatible with writing and acting; maybe it's not so bad for potential clients to see that you have an interesting literary hobby?
Laurie Anne
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

Hi. Embarrassingly it was because I posted a topic about getting people to follow me on Twitter which seems beggy and foolish, and that's all I want deleted. I love reading on here and I am open about this! If I could just get the post deleted I will be really happy, as it just makes me uncomfortable!

Thanks so much.
Dillon.
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done! :thumbs:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Oh good, I'm glad that's all it was!

We have had a few volunteers use a pseudonym for *cough* certain books *cough* that they didn't need employers (or grandparents) to know they had read, but luckily nearly all of our old PD books are safe for work. :)
Laurie Anne