Problem with book with lots of diagrams etc

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

I was thinking of recoding a book with lots of references to diagrams and photos, and references to examples musical notation. Will this work, or will it be difficult to make sense of it? (It's on voice production).
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm not sure about the diagrams, other than to make sure there is a link on the catalogue page pointing listeners to a place where they can view them. Musical notations can actually be included in your audio files, though. Yes, LV typically discourages music and sound effects, but I believe that's due to the difficulty in ensuring that the music itself is public domain. If the notation is given in the book, of course, it's obviously public domain, but a particular performance of it may not be. (I think.)

I'm working on a book now that is chock full of musical notations. I've been using a program called MuseScore (free) to create the actual music. You can input a score, and then the program will generate a mp3 (or flac, or whatever) that can be pasted into your recording.
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Thanks for the information. The music is just printed out and is mostly just single notes which wouldn't really translate into anything. It's really just for singers to sing the note(s).

I think I will abandon the idea of recording this book as it will not work particularly well. It could be useful for readers to improve their voice technique but I doubt if many would really be interested.