Dramas

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Hi guys! I just got my first part for a dramas and I have no idea what to do! I so far have only done full chaoters what do I do for the drama? Any and all help will be appreciated!!!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

In general:

- In the first post of the project, it will tell you how to start your recording. Usually, it's "[role], read by [your name/identity]". So if you are reading the part of Dr. Frankenstein, you'd say, "Dr. Frankenstein, read by cowguy02 (or however you want to be known to the listening world)"

- Then you go through the text and record your character's lines, leaving 3-5 seconds of silence between each line. So if the script has for your lines:
“Where is my bottle?” I asked. “It was here when I went out.”

You'd read:
"Where is my bottle?" ... 3-5 seconds pause ... "It was here when I went out." ... 3-5 seconds pause ... [whatever your next line is]

Do that to the end of the act or chapter. Submit one file per act or chapter. Look at the first post in the project thread for file naming instructions. Also, look in the first post for any instructions specific to the project.

P.S. From your posts, it doesn't look like you've submitted any audios here at LV. We highly recommend doing the 1-minute test. It's not an audition, but a "systems check" to make sure your tech settings are what we require.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Ok thanks!!! Just uploaded a test, Can't wait to get started!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I've commented on your test recording; it needs your attention.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
ProDigit

Post by ProDigit »

TriciaG wrote: May 28th, 2018, 5:55 pm In general:

- In the first post of the project, it will tell you how to start your recording. Usually, it's "[role], read by [your name/identity]". So if you are reading the part of Dr. Frankenstein, you'd say, "Dr. Frankenstein, read by cowguy02 (or however you want to be known to the listening world)"

- Then you go through the text and record your character's lines, leaving 3-5 seconds of silence between each line. So if the script has for your lines:
“Where is my bottle?” I asked. “It was here when I went out.”

You'd read:
"Where is my bottle?" ... 3-5 seconds pause ... "It was here when I went out." ... 3-5 seconds pause ... [whatever your next line is]

Do that to the end of the act or chapter. Submit one file per act or chapter. Look at the first post in the project thread for file naming instructions. Also, look in the first post for any instructions specific to the project.

P.S. From your posts, it doesn't look like you've submitted any audios here at LV. We highly recommend doing the 1-minute test. It's not an audition, but a "systems check" to make sure your tech settings are what we require.
Thanks Tricia!
Would you recommend omitting the 'I asked' part, or was this just a mistake?
I'm also new in this, and will be doing recordings soon! :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes - the narrator reads that part , the gap is to make it easier for the person editing

Anne