[Resolved] Security error when trying to read / post / upload

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Suddenly getting a security error on every Librivox page. Seems to be a certificate problem, and the issue is cascading to every page I open in the forum - can't upload, my magic window won't display... I don't think it's me...
Last edited by Cori on April 8th, 2018, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm getting the same thing. Keeps saying "Insecure connection", and then half the time, if it does load, the layout is all wonky! At least I know now it's not just me. :?

EDIT:

This is the exact message:
Your connection is not secure

The owner of forum.librivox.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
I haven't tried other browsers.
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

In both Chrome and Firefix I am getting security warnings. Here is the one just now from Firefox;

forum.librivox.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 08/04/18 12:43. The current time is 08/04/18 17:49.

Best,

Barbara (this is Eastern Australian Time of course)
lezer

Post by lezer »

Yes, it seems the security certificate has expired again. No signs of real trouble though, it just needs to be renewed once in a while, and I understand it's a clumsy process. I've accepted the 'exception' and could continue.
I believe the persons who can fix this are somewhere in the USA time zones, so we'll have to wait until they wake up ;)
Anna
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

I have been getting this message on my computer:

This server could not prove that it is forum.librivox.org; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Sunday, April 8, 2018. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

I received the same error when logging in. I was also unable to upload a file. I received an error message.

Thanks!

Greg
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks for flagging it -- we've reported, and hopefully it'll be fixed relatively soon. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
benderca

Post by benderca »

I just popped in here to report the expired security certificate. I see others are already on the ball. I also clicked "make exception" and everything loads now. I will have to do it on all my devices, though.

forum.librivox.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on Sunday, April 8, 2018, 4:43 AM. The current time is Sunday, April 8, 2018, 1:49 PM.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Should all be fixed now ... but, if you're still having browser alert problems, please post here so we can sort it out. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Cori wrote: April 8th, 2018, 7:57 am Should all be fixed now ... but, if you're still having browser alert problems, please post here so we can sort it out. :D
Thanks, Cori! Everything is working great today.
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?