[solved]File won't upload

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
pwaldrop52

Post by pwaldrop52 »

Hi, my name is Paul Waldrop and I am a first time reader. I have recorded my chapter in ProSonus Studio One Producer and am attempting to upload my mp3 file to librivox. However at the end of each attempt I get a prompt telling me this file type is incorrect. I believe I have followed all of the instructions for a successful recording and I am not sure what to try next. I have tried more than one browser and I have re-saved my file multiple times ensuring it is an .mp3 file. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hi Paul,

Excuse my doubting your ability to use Studio One (and it's been a while since I used it last, so I already forgot the details), but are you sure your file is actually an MP3 file and not of some other format that you gave a name that ends with ".mp3"? When you save it in Studio One, does it give you an option to choose the bitrate of that file? Did you set it to be "constant" and 128 kilobits per second? Again, sorry if the answer is obvious, most of us here use Audacity and "saving" in Audacity does not necessarily make an MP3 file...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Try stripping out any metadata / ID tags. Sometimes the uploader gets a nosebleed when there is metadata.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
pwaldrop52

Post by pwaldrop52 »

Thank you for your response. I did ensure I selected 128 kbs and a 44.1 constant sample rate. However, I have found at least one version of the file that includes a suffix of .song after mp3. I'm guessing that may be the issue. However, as far as I can tell the file I am attempting to upload doesn't have that suffix. But maybe it is there as metadata and I can't see it. Please don't hesitate to share if you have any other ideas. Thanks again!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Try downloading the Checker program. That should tell you if it's a real MP3.
https://cgjennings.ca/checker.html
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

pwaldrop52 wrote: March 27th, 2018, 1:09 pm But maybe it is there as metadata and I can't see it.
If you're on a Mac, "File info" should tell you about the metadata, I think. If you're on Windows, "File properties" has the "Detail" page that will show metadata. A free program Mp3tag (exists for both OSes) can help setting or removing it.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
pwaldrop52

Post by pwaldrop52 »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I see you've posted in the project thread :thumbs: so you will be answered there

Anne