Headphone problem

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MisterJoe

Post by MisterJoe »

Hi,
The volume from the headphones is way too high for comfort. I have the headphones (MH110) connected to the port on the microphone (C01U PRO).

If that is the sound level a listener would get then I am recording too loud I guess. Where should I plug my headphones in to listen to what would most accurately reflect the listeners experience.

Thanks
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello,

Isn't there any way for you to control that volume? I don't have a C01U Pro that I could plug in and examine. I see in the images online that there is no volume knob. Does the Audacity speaker slider control the volume or is it only for playback? There are two sliders on the toolbar, one for the mic gain and the other is for the playback volume.

If you're talking about the volume in the headphones while you're recording as being too high, I can only recommend unplugging the headphones and taking them off.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
k5hsj

Post by k5hsj »

Don’t know if it would be helpful, but the CO1UPRO manual is available online at http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/C01UPro_OM_5L_v2.pdf. “Computer Setup” on page 7 covers level setting for both Windows and MacOS. I don’t have this mic, so can’t offer any other suggestions.

Winston
Be kind. Be interesting. Be useful. Morality ain't hard.--Jack Butler, Living in Little Rock with Miss Little Rock
MisterJoe

Post by MisterJoe »

Thanks folks. I figured out that if I am plugged into the mic port for headphones I'd have to adjust audacity's settings. Since I don't know what might hurt or help in audacity, I just plugged them into the computer audio output. Easily adjustable and will work at least until I need to do more sophisticated stuff.