One Minute Submission

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
hbrooks3

Post by hbrooks3 »

Hi, I was curious as to if my group and I need to separately submit a one minute test, or because we will be using the same device, we just need to have one submission.

Thanks!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Good question.

The tech settings, background noise issues, etc. would be the same regardless of reader, if you're using the same mic, on the same computer, in the same room.

The only difference I can think of would be distance each reader likes to be from the mic, and how loud each reader's voice is. These can affect the volume, and maybe plosives (where one's breath directly hits the mic, creating popping sounds). If you're comfortable getting the right volume and preventing plosives, the one test should be sufficient. If not, each person may want to do their own test so they know what mic input level to use for each individual.

Another thing, unrelated: each reader will need to register for the forum. They don't have to post, if they don't want to, but each reader needs a forum identity to link to the cataloging system. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Also another question comes into my mind: who will edit the files? Every single person his or her own recording, or is there one who edits all?