How long does it usually take for the "Magic Window" to appear on a post?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

:D :D :D

Just wondering, I would like to get started on my solo project (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69290) but I haven't seen the MW yet.

Thanks!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

MW does not appear by itself. It usually takes some time before your project is picked up by an admin (who's going to be the MC for the project), and the MC will set up your MW.

ETA: the MC usually posts in the thread announcing that they're going to be your MC, so you'll know when it happens. I can take a day or two...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

Can I go ahead and do some recording while I wait?
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Anything preventing you? :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

Not of what I am aware.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Recording (and editing, and getting the MP3s ready) can all be done without an MC or Magic Window. You just can't upload the files until you know which folder they need to go into. :D

The only reason I can think of to wait for an MC is if there's any doubt about the public domainness of the project (that is, if the text source isn't Project Gutenberg.) In that case, one may want to be sure that everything is super-LibriVox-friendly before getting started.

But -- you've got MaryAnn on the case, so everything is excellent! Have fun recording. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!