Been a while.. too long :)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
EvenKeel

Post by EvenKeel »

Hi everyone,

It's been about a year since I've recorded. Mostly due to my laptop crashing. I work at a library, so for lack of funds and easy access to the internet, it hasn't been imperative that I replace it, except that I've really missed recording on here :)

I've forgotten everything :(

Am hoping it comes back to me, but I remember having had mastered so many shortcuts while recording and editing, especially the editing part. Are we still using the same software for that? All I remember is that is started with an A.

Any advice about helping this ole rust bucket of a recorder getting back into it would be greatly appreciated. The wonderful, helpful and friendly people on here is another thing I miss!

Cheers,

Mike
Last edited by EvenKeel on December 18th, 2017, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Mike,

Audacity is still the most common recording software we use. There is an entire topic devoted to it The all-new "HELP! I have an Audacity problem" thread under Need Help? Got Advice? just look up a few lines from your topic

You can download the latest version from here -> http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

You also have to download an additional file (LAME encoder) to be able to export your files as .mp3 (see http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_ ... ml#foreign ).

David O
EvenKeel

Post by EvenKeel »

Thanks David!

Mike
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

We look forward to having you back! Looking for some small dramatic reading parts to get back into it? I'm looking for a few different voices to fill out "The Story of the Amulet" - the third book in Edith Nesbit's "Psammead" trilogy. Click the red link in my signature panel to go have a look!