Subscribe function broken

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Bravo! :clap: Notifications are now coming through on my g-mail account, so the hang up must have been with my old e-mail address (the @sbcglobal.net) address.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Well, IMHO it is unreasonable to ask all those who are using sbcglobal, comcast, aol, etc., to get gmail addresses just to receive notifications. Not to mention that Google and other providers can actually implement the same spam filtering mechanism, which will make more/other addresses unsuitable... It worked before the server change, didn't it? It would be better if fixed on the LV/Archive side. I'll wait...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You haven't been asked to that I've heard ? Just don't forget this is a volunteer group.

Anne
Cori

Post by Cori »

It's in the process of being fixed, tovarisch, as described above. Everyone's patience is appreciated. :) In the meantime, if emails are a big part of someone's LV process, then changing address is a suggested workaround for them to reduce the inconvenience.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Waiting patiently, meanwhile, I am training myself to check my bookmarks and subscriptions in the User Control Panel 3 or 4 times a day. That seems to be working reliably. And, I might add, there have been times previous to this turnaround when I quit receiving notifications, only discovered when my MC PM'd me why I wasn't responding to several posts on our project. The PM's were going through. Now, however, I don't receive PM notices either. At least I don't think I do. Or maybe I haven't had any?
Cori

Post by Cori »

Might this link be helpful, Michele? Threads with new activity bubble up the list, and are marked orange if there are unread posts. It only tracks threads you've posted to, but I think for most LVers that'd work ... since the important thing is to keep in touch with projects we're actively contributing to in some way.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

msfry wrote:Waiting patiently, meanwhile, I am training myself to check my bookmarks and subscriptions in the User Control Panel 3 or 4 times a day. That seems to be working reliably. And, I might add, there have been times previous to this turnaround when I quit receiving notifications, only discovered when my MC PM'd me why I wasn't responding to several posts on our project. The PM's were going through. Now, however, I don't receive PM notices either. At least I don't think I do. Or maybe I haven't had any?
Michele, Changing e-mail addresses worked for me.
Last edited by Sue Anderson on December 5th, 2017, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Post by Roger »

HEY !! I just received 3 e-mail notices (from yesterday and the day before, but just arrived in my e-mail spam folder, so I have just marked the sender as non-spam). So something must have been done to fix it !! :clap:
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Just got 8 email notices. Yippee!!!!! :clap:
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I got a few as well, starting Nov 30... Things are looking up! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please