LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 11th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Post Posted:: November 6th, 2017, 10:41 pm 

I just upgraded from a Galaxy Note 3 to a Galaxy Note 8. While I had no trouble at all downloading and playing LibriVox files on the Note 3, the Note 8 just will not download at all and gives me a “cannot connect to the server” message. Support are looking into this, but I wondered if anyone else has run into this problem?

Post Posted:: November 6th, 2017, 10:45 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Is this happening with everything you want to download or just LibriVox ?

Anne

Post Posted:: November 7th, 2017, 10:51 pm 

Hi Anne.
Other stuff is downloading fine, and my iPad downloads the LibriVox file just fine too. Strangely enough, I can find the files ok but Libivox can’t see them to read them. Very odd.

Post Posted:: November 8th, 2017, 12:11 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Bigalminal wrote:
Hi Anne.
Other stuff is downloading fine, and my iPad downloads the LibriVox file just fine too. Strangely enough, I can find the files ok but Libivox can’t see them to read them. Very odd.

I'm not sure why this Librivox site would want to read them ? are you using the LibriVox app ? If so you will need to talk to the app developper as we do not support any apps .

Anne

Post Posted:: November 8th, 2017, 1:31 am 

Sorry, spelling mistake. I meant LibriVox. I found a workaround. If I try just a chapter, it will begin the download then stop downloading. Then if I press the same button again the chapter will complete the download. Only thing is, as there are lots of chapters it will take a while to get a whole book. There must be a setting somewhere in the Note 8 causing the hitch.