[OK]Galaxy Note 8 won’t download

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Bigalminal

Post by Bigalminal »

I just upgraded from a Galaxy Note 3 to a Galaxy Note 8. While I had no trouble at all downloading and playing LibriVox files on the Note 3, the Note 8 just will not download at all and gives me a “cannot connect to the server” message. Support are looking into this, but I wondered if anyone else has run into this problem?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Is this happening with everything you want to download or just LibriVox ?

Anne
Bigalminal

Post by Bigalminal »

Hi Anne.
Other stuff is downloading fine, and my iPad downloads the LibriVox file just fine too. Strangely enough, I can find the files ok but Libivox can’t see them to read them. Very odd.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Bigalminal wrote:Hi Anne.
Other stuff is downloading fine, and my iPad downloads the LibriVox file just fine too. Strangely enough, I can find the files ok but Libivox can’t see them to read them. Very odd.
I'm not sure why this Librivox site would want to read them ? are you using the LibriVox app ? If so you will need to talk to the app developper as we do not support any apps .

Anne
Bigalminal

Post by Bigalminal »

Sorry, spelling mistake. I meant LibriVox. I found a workaround. If I try just a chapter, it will begin the download then stop downloading. Then if I press the same button again the chapter will complete the download. Only thing is, as there are lots of chapters it will take a while to get a whole book. There must be a setting somewhere in the Note 8 causing the hitch.